New Opportunities (Distress) in Israel
Identifying business opportunities in various sectors, how to do it right?
The Israeli hi-tech environment, industry and economic markets are affected as COVID-19 makes a global economic impact. This environment leads to numerous deal opportunities to those with the knowledge, appetite and appropriate capital.
We will discuss the following issues:
- Identifying business opportunities in various Israeli markets & sectors, including: technology, life sciences, real estate, leisure industries, etc.
- Doing business in Israel in a distressed environment.
- The dynamic market and the need to move quickly.
- The Israeli applicable legal environment, The office of the Israeli general receiver, Deal certainty.
- How can Shibolet Law Firm help you in identifying such opportunities and executing on them – our added value.
- Considerations and risks in purchasing assets or securities in companies in distress / on the verge of insolvency / in insolvency proceedings.
- Navigating between the Israeli bidding and tender process and the substantial discretion of court appointed office holders (receiver, liquidator, etc.).
- Amir Iliescu, a partner in Shibolet’s High-Tech & Venture Capital practice.
- Amir Frankl, partner & leading the Bankruptcy, Receivership and Reorganization Departments at Shibolet.