Shibolet was the first Israeli law firm to establish a presence in China 15 years ago. We represent many first-tier Chinese clients on their Tech investments, M&As, and R&D centers in Israel, as well as infrastructure projects. We also act for many Israeli clients on their investments in China and worldwide. Commissioned by the All China Lawyers Association, we co-authored the Israeli section of Legal Environment Report of the “Belt and Road” Countries. We are also one of the founding partners of Belt and Road International Lawyers Association (BRILA).
As the first and only Israeli firm with a representative office in China (Shanghai), our China Practice team in Israel work and collaborate with our highly-skilled specialists on the ground in China to provide fully integrated legal resources and tailor-made services for our clients. Our integrated China Practice comprises attorneys who are fluent in Chinese, English and, Hebrew. We also have in-depth knowledge and expertise of the regulatory, business and cultural environments inherent in both China and Israel, and have well-established working relationships with Chinese and Israeli export, trade, commerce, R&D institutions and governmental entities – which assists our clients to reach the most suitable legal solution for their commercial objectives.
Adv. Omer Ben Zvi is the Head of China Practice at Shibolet.
a taste of our Chinese clients
Some of our services
- All aspects of inbound and outbound investment transactions (both in China and in Israel).
- Strategic investments in Israeli high-tech sector, including but not limited to Life Sciences technologies (Biotech and Medical Devices), Automotive, AI and Machine Learning, Agritech and Foodtech.
- Investment in Israeli Venture Capitals and Investment Funds.
- M&As of Israeli tech companies by Chinese strategic players, including importing technologies into mainland China.
- Representation of Chinese SOEs and private companies in infrastructure tenders and project operation in Israel.
- Bilingual commercial agreements, and other legal services related to the conduct of business in both China and Israel.
- Incorporation of legal entities in China (Joint Ventures, Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprises and domestic companies in mainland China and Hong Kong).
- Dispute resolution including litigation and international arbitration proceedings in Israel, mainland China (CIETAC, SHIAC, etc.), and Hong Kong (HKIAC).
‘They focus on long-term relationship building, and are very attentive to cultural differences‘ ; ‘The team has a number of legal skill sets that make it an attractive choice for tech investors, especially those from Israel and China.’– Legal 500 EMEA